Saturday 12 April 2014

Tobago Fashion Coda Casting

So as promotional modelling is slowing down with the close of Carnival, runway modelling is slowly but surely coming onto the scene. The season for runway shows is upon us with upcoming fashion shows such as Runway Shift, Tobago Fashion Coda and Tobago Fashion Weekend to name a few.

I attended the casting call for Tobago Fashion Coda and was very nervous since this is one of the more prestige shows locally and mostly professional models were casted last year.
Auditions were held on March 22nd at KCASA DE ITIALIA.

When it was my turn to walk, the floor was so smooth at K CASA, it was slippery with my heels. As if this wasn't bad enough, my picture came out like a mug shot. I was almost certain I was not going to be selected. 
I was asked if I was available on April 24th (date of show) and told to check their page on Facebook for the list of chosen models.


Photo taken at casting
Model #66


Model Release and Authorization Form


Piece of Facebook post announcing final female model list

I was super excited when I realized I was selected :D


TIPS FOR CASTINGS:

MAKEUP
I don't wear makeup when I cast-- maybe just eyeliner and a bit of lip-gloss.
If your face has marks that need covering up, you can use some concealer and very little powder just to give a smooth and even, yet subtle look.
It is best to have minimum makeup on your face when casting as the judges like to see models with a 'natural' look.

HAIR
For runway show castings, it is best to have your hair pulled back in a pony or bun.

ATTIRE
This organization specified that female models attend in a fitted jeans and white fitted top.
This is the norm for most fashion show castings.
Do not wear excessive jewelry. I don't even wear earrings or a watch. The plainer you go, the better. Remember: the judges want to see you as a blank canvas for the designers' clothing!


Be sure to check the following pages for updates:
https://www.facebook.com/behindthescenesofmodeling?ref=hl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDWkAop0f1I&feature=youtu.be
https://twitter.com/BTSofModeling
http://www.pinterest.com/?allow_nux=no

No comments:

Post a Comment